此操作将在您下回登录时自动记录您的这次国家选择。如需重新切换,可通过切换国家完成。
查看: 932|回复: 0

中美夫妇挪中国虎保护基金为己用

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-12-21 05:26:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多街友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转华人街。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?快速注册

x
Divorcing couple who 'used tiger charitymoney to pay a life of luxury' are now at war over '£50m worth of assets' after their marriage collapsed

用老虎慈善基金过奢侈生活,一对正在闹离婚夫妇现争夺价值5000万英镑资产

A couple who set up a charity aimed atsaving Chinese tigers are embroiled in a multi-million pound divorce battleamid claims that donated money was used to fund their own luxurious lifestyle.

一对夫妇设立了一个拯救中国虎的基金会,如今却卷入了千万财产的离婚大战,有声称说这些老虎慈善基金里的捐款都被他们自己拿去过奢侈生活了。

Chinese conservationist Li Quan says moneyput into the Save China’s Tigers charity - which counts actor Jackie Chan as an'ambassador' - was used to fund her and her husband Stuart Bray'spersonal lives.

中国的环保主义者李泉(音译)说“拯救中国虎”基金会里的钱都被她和她丈夫Stuart Bray挪为己用了,而成龙是这个基金会的“大使”。

She told the High Court that Mr Bray, anAmerican Banker, put money acquired during their relationship into a trust towhich he had access via a 'back door'. She says around £50 million worth ofassets are at stake.

她对高等法院说,她的这位美国银行家丈夫将夫妻关系期间所募捐得的钱财放到一个信托里面,而他可以通过一个“后门”接近这笔钱。所以她说大约5000万英镑的资产处于危险之中。

Mr Bray - who has yet to give evidence at a trial at the High Court in London -denies the allegations. The couple are both in their 50s.

在伦敦高院的离婚审判中,她的先生还没有提供证据,但是他否认了妻子的这种说法。这对夫妻都50多岁了。

Evidence is being given at a privatehearing in the Family Division of the High Court but judge Mr Justice Coleridgehas given permission for journalists to cover the case.

目前正在向高级法院提交证据,法院也准许媒体报道。

Ms Li today told Mr Justice Coleridge that the charity had funded theirpersonal expenditure.

李女士对法官说夫妻俩从基金中拿钱旅行。

'We were using the money to fund ourpersonal things,' she said. 'We had expensive dinners. We had expensive wine.'

“我们用这些钱来买私人的东西,我们吃昂贵的餐点,我们喝昂贵的酒。”她说。

She said Mr Bray had told her 'repeatedlyover the years' not to make a distinction between the 'charities, the trust andthe companies' because they are 'one and the same'.

她说丈夫多年来不断对她说不要在慈善机构、信托以及公司之间做区别,因为它们是一回事。

'That is what he told me all the time,' shesaid. 'I did not regard it as fraud because my husband told me it was one andthe same. I am not a financial person. I am not an accountant.'

“他经常对我这么说,我不觉得这是欺诈,因为他对我说这完全是一回事。我不是财务人员,也不是会计。”她说。

She added: 'I asked him at the time,"do you do anything illegal?" He said, "no".'

还说:“那时候我就问他,‘你做过什么非法的事情吗?’他回答说,‘没有’。”

Ms Li said her husband 'had me removed'from the board of Save China’s Tigers.

李女士说丈夫把她从“拯救中国虎”董事会中除名了。

And she told the judge: 'I had no power.'

她对法官说:“我没有任何实权。”

Ms Li is represented by law firm Vardags. Ablog on the firm’s website refers to the case’s 'financial complexities'.

Vardags律师事务所代表李女士。该事务所网站上的一篇博客谈及了这件案件的“财务复杂性”。

Lawyers say she is alleging that Mr Brayhad £50 million worth of assets and set up a trust with a 'front door' and a'back door' though which he could get money out.

律师说李女士声称丈夫用5000万英镑设立了一个信托基金,这基金还有“前门”和“后门”,而通过“后门”她先生可以把钱拿走。

Mr Bray today told reporters that he wouldoutline his case when he gave evidence.

她丈夫Bray先生今天对记者说,他提供证据时将会对整个案件进行大概的说明。

Save China’s Tigers website says it is 'oneof the most dynamic conservation organisations' in the world and has links toChina, the UK, South Africa and the
United States.

“拯救中国虎”网站上说自己是世界上最活跃的保护组织之一,项目涵盖中国,英国,南非以及美国等地区。

The website says few, if any, Chinesetigers exist in the wild.

该网站称,即使中国还存在野生老虎,那也几乎没有几只了。

It says Ms Li and Mr Bray set up thecharity in 2000 and that the organisation initiated and helped fund a survey ofthe wild South China tiger.

该网站的介绍上还说李女士和Bray先生在2000年设立该机构,该组织发起并资助了一个有关华南虎的研究。

In 2002, Mr Bray acquired 33,000 hectaresof land in South Africa for a 'rewilding program', says the website.

该网站还说,在2002年,Bray在南非获得了一块33000公顷的土地来进行一个“野化项目”。

The following year two Chinese tiger cubs -Cathay and Hope - travelled to South Africa for'rewilding training'.

第二年,两只中国虎幼崽——Cathay和 Hope被送到南非进行“野化训练”。

And in 2004 two more cubs - TigerWoods andMadonna - left China for Laohu Valley Reserve, says the website.

网站上还说道,在2004年,另外两只幼崽——老虎伍兹和麦当娜——离开中国来到南非老虎谷自然保护区。

By 2011 the number of South China tigers atLaohu Valley had risen to 12, it adds.

还说,到2011年为止,老虎谷华南虎的数量已经增加到12只。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 快速注册

本版积分规则

• 请问街友,这是香椿吗?
  • 游玩dieppe沙滩。美丽景色,天气晴朗。
  • 惊涛裂岸(了悟摄影)
  • 台北西门町/下午茶
  • 卫生故事系列剧《卫生培训必选优悦》

联系华人街

法国公司:Sinocom sarl
地址:47 Rue de Turbigo,
75003 Paris,France
联系电话:(0033)-(0)144610523
意大利分公司:Sinocom Italia Srl
地址:Via Niccolini 29,
20154 Milano, Italia
联系电话:389-2345588

扫描苹果APP

扫描安卓APP

QQ|Archiver|手机版|华人街 huarenjie.com

GMT+2, 2024-5-21 06:02 , Processed in 0.063824 second(s), Total 10, Slave 8 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.

管理COOKIES